Call (08) 6498 0498Contact Us

Building Resources


Building Resources

Knowing that Oasis Baldivis is where you want to call home, there are a few important factors to consider and discuss with your builder. We encourage both homebuyers and builders to download design guidelines and plans to assist you in building your home with minimal stress and frustration.


Want to Know More About the Estate?


Frequently Asked Questions

To assist you to in starting to build your life at Baldivis Oasis here are some of the most common questions.

What is a Certificate of Title?

A land title, or certificate of title, is a legal document showing ownership and interest in a parcel of land. It includes the legal description of a piece of land and the names of the owner. When you buy a property the title must officially transfer from one owner to another. Settlement cannot be effected until the individual lot has a separate certificate of title.

What is BAL?

BAL is the term used to identify the “Bushfire Attack Level” and determines the type of construction required within bushfire prone areas. The aim of this Australian Standard is to improve the ability of a building to withstand a bushfire attack. This will provide greater protection for the occupants who may be sheltering in it while the fire front passes. It also increases the chances of the building surviving. The BAL takes into consideration a number of factors including the Fire Danger Index, the slope of the land, types of surrounding vegetation and its proximity to any building.

What is Setback?

In land use, a setback is the distance which a building or other structure is set back from a street or road, or any other place which is deemed to need protection. Setback rules are different in each development and may also differ among properties within an estate. Setbacks can affect where your new home is located on your lot and where sheds, garages, pools and gazebos may be built.

What is a Rear-loaded Lot?

This is a homesite where the garage is built at the back of the property with access usually by a laneway and is common for smaller lots or where they may front onto a parkland or similar.

What is a Settlement Agent/Conveyancer?

A settlement agent (sometimes called a conveyancer) is the person who organises the transfer of title from one owner to another. They are involved in the preparation, execution, verification and lodgement of numerous legal documents required to transfer the ownership.

What is Settlement?

This is the final stage of the sale when the buyer completes the payment of the contract price to the seller and takes legal possession of the property. It is at this point that you will start making mortgage payments.